Thursday, January 7, 2010

Merry January Seventh!

Since I took a couple of weeks away from the computer for the holidays, I'll post two of the cakes I made in December. If your New Year's resolution is to celebrate Christmas all year long, these cakes might just help!

First, a festive red and green Christmas Eve cake perfectly fit for a grand celebration. Underneath the decoration, this is the very popular double chocolate cake with rich chocolate ganache. Who could resist?
Secondly, I have a rich and creamy flourless chocolate torte. Perfect alongside a cup of tea or espresso, you'll try to say no to this cake, but just continue to put it in your mouth anyway. Trust me.
If you haven't made a resolution for the new year, I think a great choice would be to celebrate more. Maybe you shouldn't eat a whole cake by yourself, but I'm sure you can think of a few reasons to gather your friends and family around the table to celebrate and enjoy a piece or two of something sweet. It's sure to be a yummy year.

3 comments:

Mike and Katie said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous! I love the design of your double chocolate cake. And I love the taste of your flourless one. :) Wouldn't mind a bit right about now...

Unknown said...

We can celebrate my homecoming! ;)
~Megan

Ashley said...

Beautiful Christmas cake! And yes, that torte was delicious. :)