Monday, March 22, 2010

Cake Balls

Someone, who shall remain nameless, has long requested that I make cake balls. So, here they are in all their small-bite-of-heaven glory.


Represented here are vanilla bean with lemon curd cake balls dressed in a sweet white chocolate and red velvet with cream cheese mascarpone icing in a bittersweet chocolate coating. I'm sure more variations will come, but for now, I think these turned out successfully.
The only unsuccessful attempt during cake ball madness was coloring the red velvet cake green to honor spring. Instead of a beautiful spring green, they honored the good ol' Grinch. That is why the chocolate cake balls have a nice green drizzle. I could tell you were curious.

Though small, these cake balls are hearty and I wouldn't serve more than two or three per person. Unless you have a houseful of college-aged boys playing Settlers of Catan, in which case they might gobble them all up pretty quickly.

3 comments:

Mike and Katie said...

Adrian, oh Adrian. Where is your baking when I need it?

Adrian said...

I do have some lemon curd left in the refrigerator.

GloryandGrace said...

Yay for cake balls!! I make them for just about every occasion possible! My favorite so far are red velvet and devils food - wanting to try lemon next :)