Thursday, January 6, 2011

Desserts for a Delightful Crowd

In November, the little sister of one of my very best friends was married in her home town of New Orleans. But, also being a Texas girl at heart, Emily had her bachelorette party here in Cowtown. I provided the desserts. Is this a great backdrop to sweets or what?


If there was a star of the show, it was these bride-requested red velvet and carrot cupcakes with mascarpone and cream cheese icing, topped with the couple's monogram.
These warmly spiced madeleines, a shell-shaped sponge cake-like cookie, and more savory rosemary orange madeleines were lightly dusted with powdered sugar.
Seriously. Rich and fudgy brownies. With perfectly ripe raspberries. No need for explanation.
The bottom tier is filled with french almond macarons, half filled with a strawberry buttercream topped with a strawberry puree and the other half filled with a soft caramel. The top tier is stacked up with homemade marshmallows: raspberry, chocolate, vanilla almond, and the big winner of the night, pumpkin spice.
I had a great time perfecting these recipes and am really looking forward to the next dessert-themed bash. Congratulations, Emily and Brandon. I would bake for you even if I didn't already like you so much.

2 comments:

jenna said...

Oh, dear. You just got my sweet tooth going...

You may mail me some pumpkin spice marshmallows and strawberry macarons; I will let you. :-)

Mike and Katie said...

Ohhhh....So good! It just makes me sad to think that that's how long ago it was that I saw you guys! Anyway, to potential customers...the only thing that would make this spread better is the flourless chocolate torte that came out later. :)